RARE BEEF SALAD WITH WATERCRESS, PEAR AND PARMIGIANO REGGIANO
PUBLISHED: 10:23 06 July 2016 | UPDATED: 12:37 30 August 2017
Just the salad for your summer lunches!
- Start by poaching the pears in wine and sugar, leaving them to cool once tender.
- Then share the watercress, spinach and chicory equally between 4 plates.
- Next, char-grill the rump steak for a couple of minutes on each side and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut the pears into quarters, removing the core and then place one pear on each plate with the sliced beef.
- To finish, add Parmigiano Reggiano shavings, drizzle some olive oil and a few drops of balsamic vinegar. Enjoy!
Parmigiano Reggiano in Numbers
12 months is the minimum ageing process
14 litres of milk makes 1 kg of cheese
20-24 months is the average ageing of the wheels
39 kg is the average weight of a wheel
600 litres of milk to make one wheel
- The Consorzio del Formaggio Parmigiano Reggiano
- Photography: Steve Lee
- Recipe Editing and Food Styling: Jocelyn Barker