RECIPE - RUN RABBIT RUN
PUBLISHED: 15:08 12 July 2016 | UPDATED: 12:37 30 August 2017
4 Whole Rabbits
50g Dried apricots
3 large purple carrots
4 Baby rainbow carrots
3 orange carrots
4 sheets of spring roll pastry
2 Banana Shallots
8 slices of Parma ham
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic
300ml Red Wine Jus
1. Firstly, Remove the Liver, Hart and Kidneys from the rabbits and leave to one side, take off the legs and set to one side. Bone out the loins and set them to one side.
2. For the spring rolls, take all the meat off the legs and place into a food processer, add the apricots, garlic, mustard and a pinch of thyme, blend into a paste. Use half of the mixture to make the spring rolls. With the remaining mixture add the Liver, Hart and kidneys and continue to blend. Once smooth, remove the mixture and make it into small balls.
3. For the rabbit loins, remove any sinew and wrap two loins with slices of Parma ham. Roll the loins in cling film and tie them at both ends ready to poach.
4. For the carrot puree, Peel and dice the carrots. Place them into a heavy based pan and cover them with orange juice cook for 30 minutes or until soft and the blend with 25g of butter. Season and place to one side.
5. Place two purple carrots onto a tray with the shallots, drizzle of oil and add some thyme, cover with tin foil and roast in the oven for 30 mins. Remove and leave to one side.
6. Blanch the baby carrots for five minutes and then leave to one side.
7. To complete the dish, place the wrapped rabbit loins into a pan of simmering water and cook for 8 minutes, remove from the water, unwrap and leave to rest. Place the faggots (small Balls) into a small pan with the jus and cook for 6 minutes. Add the prunes and cook for a further4 2 minutes. Deep fry the spring rolls for 3 minutes or until golden.
8. Place the carrot puree on to a plate and smear across using this as a base for the other ingredients. Cut the loins and the spring rolls in half and place onto the place, slice the carrots in half and add them to the plate along with the baby carrots and the shallots. Shave the remaining carrot along with the kohlrabi and add this to the plate. Finish the dish with the Faggots and prune mix and drizzle on the sauce.