MILLION POUND HOMES
PUBLISHED: 12:24 27 June 2017 | UPDATED: 13:21 30 August 2017
Bryher, Feock near Truro
Guide price £1,350,000
This outstanding architectural gem set in around 4,000sq ft features four bedrooms, three bathrooms – and a 65ft kitchen/reception room which enjoys elevated countryside views.
Bryher is very privately positioned and cleverly designed around a central courtyard with a glazed link between the wings. The house is set within outstanding hard landscaped and prodigiously planted gardens set to the backdrop of woodland, 250 yards from Penpol Creek and about four miles from Truro. A highlight of this contemporary architectural masterpiece is its two gently curving wings that join to the north and slowly draw apart from each other creating an enclosed courtyard with a glazed link at the southern end.
Information: Lillicrap Chilcott
Bryher in brief
- The ground floor features a reception hall and store room, 65ft long kitchen/dining/living room with bespoke Rozen units and walls of glass opening onto the courtyard and sun terrace.
- The house also features a glazed link, sitting room, library, study, wc, utility/plant room and boot room.
- The first floor is home to the master bedroom which opens to the roof terrace and has a private reception/dressing room and opulent en-suite.
- There is also a guest bedroom with en-suite and two further double bedrooms and a family bath/shower room.
Guide price £1,250,000
One of Fowey’s finest period waterside houses, this Garde II-listed elegant Georgian town house has superb harbour views and direct access to the water with spectacular south facing water views.
A paved waterside terrace with a landing platform and steps leading down to the water provide the house with low maintenance outside space. The present owner has the benefit of a frape mooring which is held on an annual licence from Fowey Harbour Commissioners.
Inside there are three/four bedrooms, a family bathroom, kitchen/breakfast room and ground floor sitting room and there is also a wet room and useful utility room housed in a single storey building within the courtyard garden.
May Whetter and Grose, Fowey 01726 832299
Savills, Cornwall 01872 243200.
On the waterfront
• Elegant and beautifully presented town house
• Spectacular south facing water views
• Platform and steps to the water
• Frape mooring (on licence)
• Allocated parking space within undercover garaging
• Kitchen/breakfast room
• Ground floor sitting room
• First floor living room/ bedroom
• First floor en suite bedroom
• Two second floor bedrooms
• Family bathroom
• Outbuilding/utility and shower room
• Waterside terrace garden
• Grade II Listed