CORNWALL LIFE LANDSCAPE PAINTER OF THE YEAR 2016
PUBLISHED: 15:41 23 August 2016 | UPDATED: 12:35 30 August 2017
Are you inspired by Cornwall’s coastal beauties? Love to have a chance to show your work in a gallery? Enter Cornwall Life’s new competition to find the Landscape Painter of the Year 2016.
The competition is open to amateurs and professionals. Whether you have shown your work before or not - this is your chance to show your work in a professional gallery as well as win a host of prizes.
Rules of the competition
- Open to residents of the UK
- Must be own work
- Must be a painting - can includes oils, acrylic and watercolour on canvas, paper or board.
- Must be new work (not previously shown or sold) and available for exhibition in March 2017
- Age limit – over 18
- The judges’ decision is final
- Archant reserve the right to use images in future publicity.
- Limited number of entries (three)
- All normal Archant competition terms and conditions apply.
- An opportunity to exhibit at a local gallery alongside other finalists
- A feature in Cornwall Life on you and your work
- A first prize of £250
To enter send up to three images, including the title of each work, the medium and where it was painted and a brief biography of yourself to email@example.com or go online at cornwalllife.co.uk
The finalists will be announced in our January issue and be invited to take part in a show at Terre Verte gallery near Launceston in March where we will announce the winner.
Closing date is 5 December 2016
Jethro Jackson | Porthilly Gallery
About the Sponsor:
Porthilly Gallery is an independent, family run business located in the heart of North Cornwall. The renovated farm out-building has been transformed by Jethro Jackson into a calm, creative space, tucked away from the hubbub of bustling holiday makers and beachgoers.
The gallery is situated in the quiet hamlet of Porthilly, Rock and the surrounding coastline and views of the Camel Estuary provide an ever-changing pallet of inspirational colour and texture for Jethro, who works from the studio space at the rear of the gallery.
Porthilly Gallery opened in 2010 and all of the artworks and objects exhibited are made by artists and makers who compliment Jethro’s aesthetic. Currently the gallery is showing a rolling collection of work by Jethro Jackson, Jack Doherty, Paul Jackson, Robin Leonard Hamish Mackie and Chris Prindl.
Visitors are always welcome to Porthilly Gallery | www.porthillygallery.co.uk
Open: Monday - Sunday, 10am - 5pm
Cornwall PL27 6JX
T: 01208 863844