DISCOVER THE TELEGRAPH MUSEUM THIS SEPTEMBER
PUBLISHED: 16:55 07 September 2015 | UPDATED: 13:01 30 August 2017
This September, the Telegraph Museum Porthcurno is taking part in national Heritage Open Days 2015. On the Thursday 10th and Sunday 13th September, the Telegraph Museum is offering a series of free one-off activities.
One of Cornwall’s best kept secrets, The Telegraph Museum offers a surprising and inspiring visit time and time again. This September, step into Cornwall’s awe-inspiring past, and discover Porthcurno’s role in shaping global communication.
On Thursday 10th September, the archive will be open for free with a rare behind the scenes tour (admission applies to museum exhibitions). On Sunday 13th September, the museum will be bursting with family-friendly fun, activities and entertainment (admission is free across the site). Here’s what to expect:
Heritage Open Day: Discover the Archive – 10th September
On the 10th September, the museum’s archive will be opening its doors for free. Enjoy a special behind-the-scenes tour and discover some of Porthcurno’s archive secrets. Enjoy a rare glimpse behind the scenes of the archive with tours happening throughout the day. Tour and entry to the archive is free; admission applies to museum exhibitions. Archive Tours timings: 11:30, 12:30, 13:30, 14:30, 15:30.
Heritage Open Day: Family Fun Day – 13th September
This year’s family fun day offers a host of Ship to Shore’ family-friendly fun, activities and entertainment.
Expect headlining spots from creative storyteller Sally Crabtree, Penlee RNLI, School of Cornish Sardines chef’, Sanjay Kumar and live music from Baldrick’s Plan. No matter what time in the day you visit, or your age, there will be something in the mix for you.
- Sally Crabtree’s will be running story-telling sessions throughout the day.
- Penlee RNLI will be showcasing how they communicate from ship to shore, from playing dress up with crew kit, handling radio devices, and special talks from Martin Brockman.
- For those foodies out there, School of Cornish sardines chef Sanjay Kumar, will be talking all things fish with live cooking demo’s.
- Live music from Baldrick’s Plan.
- To round the day off, there will be make and create activities dotted around the museum.
For full information, visit www.telegraphmuseum.org
If you value what this gives you, please consider supporting our work. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.