Halloween events in Cornwall (for adults and children)
PUBLISHED: 09:11 17 October 2018 | UPDATED: 13:10 08 September 2020
This content is subject to copyright.
The spookiest time of the year is fast approaching! We pick some of the best events to celebrate Halloween in Cornwall in 2018
FIND THE PUMPKINS AT ANTONY HOUSE
23–25, 30, 31 October, 12 – 4.30pm
• Spot the pumpkins hidden around the garden
• Take part in face-painting and storytelling
• Normal admission applies.
SPOOKY PUMPKINS AT TRELISSICK
20–28 October, 11.30am–3.30pm
• How spooky can you make your pumpkin?
• £3 plus normal admission charges.
HALLOWEEN TRAIL AT GODOLPHIN
21-28 October, 10am–5pm
• Complete the shrunken apple head Halloween trail
• Have a go at pressing some Godolphin apples
• Listen to spooky stories in the undercroft (selected days only)
• Normal admission applies.
HALLOWEEN AT TRENGWAINTON
Annual Pumpkin Fun Day: 21 October, 10.30am–5pm
Try your hand at pumpkin hoopla, a pumpkin shy, pumpkin tasting and pumpkin carving
Spooky Storytelling (25 October 11am–4pm)
The tales of Trengwainton are brought to life with a spooky twist as told by local storyteller Mark Harandon.
TORCHLIGHT TERRORS AT TINTAGEL OLD POST OFFICE
20–28 October, 11am–3pm
• Uncover the spooky symbols hidden in the dark places of the house using a UV torch
• Solve the puzzle to win a bag of ghastly goodies
• £2 per trail, plus normal admission charge.
HAUNTING HALLOWEEN WEEK AT COTEHELE
20–28 October, 11am–4pm
• Join the ranger team for spooky crafts at the boatshed during half-term
• There is a small charge for craft activities to cover material costs.
During Fright Night explore the house in the dark and experience the spooky side of Cotehele (27 October 5.30–7.30pm). Normal admission applies.
TRICKS AND TONICS AT PENDENNIS CASTLE
• English Heritage’s Pendennis Castle is running its very own Shocktober
• Tricks and Tonics will see the castle’s potion master help visitots to create a potion to take home
• Terrible Tudors (29 October–2 November) will scare your little horrors silly
• Pendennis also plays host to Halloween Tours (25–26 October) when you can immerse yourself in spine-tingling storytellers and discover tales of ghostly apparitions, dastardly deeds, and ghoulish goings-on.
CHARITY HALLOWEEN FIREWORKS AT THE CORNWALL HOTEL
• Firework display to support the Children's Hospice Southwest
• Gates open at 4pm for pumpkin carving (bring your own) and a pumping carving competition
• Fancy dress encouraged with awards going to the best dressed girl and boy
• BBQ with hot dogs, burgers, toffee apples, popcorn and Pick n' Mix stall
• Fireworks start at 7pm
• Free entry
HALLOWEEN AT THE SHIPWRECK CENTRE
• The Shipwreck Centre's first ever Halloween evening
• Runs from 5pm - 7pm with free admission for children in costume
• Special spy trails with treasure treats at the end
• Haunted hands on history with some of the museums artefacts
SCARY CINEMA NIGHT AT BODMIN JAIL
25 October, 9pm
• Sit in the environs of Bodmin jail and enjoying a screening of John Carpenter’s Halloween
• Enjoy Jamie Lee Curtis’ screams echo around the walls of this imposing edifice where more than 50 people were executed
• Head into the depths of the jail with its resident medium
HALLOWEEN MASKED BALL AT FLAMBARDS, HELSTON
October 27, 6pm – 6am
• Voo Doo theme
• Multi-level party that includes hidden bars, discos, dance floors, dens and raves
• Over 60 artists performing throughout the night
• Music genres include techno, rock and dance
• Ticket prices start at £43.20
For more information visit: halloweenmaskedball.net/
HALLOWEEN SPECIAL PARANORMAL INVESTIGATION AT THE JAMAICA INN, BODMIN
26 and 27 October
• First night involves a three course meal followed by full investigation of the Inn
• Breakfast on Saturday morning
• Carvery dinner on Saturday night followed by a second evening of paranormal investigations at a new location
• Breakfast on Sunday morning
• Prices £240pp including meals and two night stay for two people
• Call 01566 86250
FRIGHT NIGHT AT PIRATE’S QUEST IN NEWQUAY
October 27, timeslots available from 7pm
• Walk-through scare experience
• Explore caves and coves inside Pirates Quest filled with a number of gruesome finds and frightening characters (played by scare-actors)
• Event becomes scarier and scarier as the night goes on so this is an adults only experience
• Fancy dress optional
• Advance booking is strongly advised. Tickets are £12.95
HALLOWEEN DISCO AT THE RASHLEIGH ARMS
• Starts at 9pm and ends at midnight
• Free entry and fancy dress encouraged
• Prize awarded for the best costume