Test your knowledge of Cornwall with part one of our quiz - no cheating!
PUBLISHED: 10:53 18 June 2020 | UPDATED: 11:02 18 June 2020
Think you know Cornwall? FInd out in our new regular quiz
1) In Mid and East Cornwall what was a didikoy?
2) Where is The Monkey Sanctuary Trust based?
3) What is the collective name for the set of upright granite stones protruding from the ground on Bodmin Moor?
4) What is the Kroaz Du?
5) In May 2012, why did Land’s End received worldwide publicity?
6) What does “Bronn Wennili”, the original name for ‘Brown Willy” actually mean?
7) Scenes from which James Bond film were filmed in Cornwall, at the Eden Project?
8) Where is a cave thought to be one explanation for the name of the village?
9) What is the ‘pyrrhocorax pyrrhocorax pyrrhocorax’?
10) Name the popular amusement park on the outskirts of Helston?
11) What is ‘Goon Bren’ Cornish for?
12) What was a ‘goostrumnoodle’?
13) Mary Yellan in the book “Jamaica Inn” was brought up in a farm in which village?
14) In the Cornish dialect what does ‘nibby-gibby’ mean?
1) A gypsy
3) The Hurlers
4) The Cornish flag
5) It was the starting point of the 2012 Summer Olympics torch relay
6) Hill of swallows
7) Die Another Day
9) The once common bird, the red-billed chough
11) Bodmin Moor
12) A stupid person; a fool
14) ‘Touch and go’